As the Director of Marketing at a consulting firm, there are a few projects that will inevitably come up – web site redesigns and customer relationship management system implementations. With these projects comes the notorious debate… do we use our internal resources OR do we outsource it?
In April of 2016, West Monroe decided to transition from our CRM system and e-marketing tool to Salesforce.com and Pardot. We also made the decision to build a cross-functional team of internal and line resources for this project. The best part: we would do it in just under 12 weeks.
Through this project, I got to see our consultants through the eyes of our clients and truly appreciate our uncommon blend of business savvy and deep technical capabilities. Through partnership with West Monroe’s Shared Services function, Performance Services, Customer Experience and Advanced Analytics capabilities, we successfully delivered a CRM and marketing automation platform.
Salesforce and Pardot will fuel our growth by:
- Improving data quality from a one-time data migration and processes to maintain ongoing data cleaning through Data.com.
- Understanding and managing our key relationships through a single view of clients, prospects, and contacts.
- Strengthening our opportunity tracking by allowing us to manage the entire sales process – from Lead Generation to Closed Deals.
- Enhancing the user experience to manage our sales pipeline, including requiring appropriate data across different stages of the opportunity.
- Providing flexible and self-service reporting within Salesforce improves visibility into firm-wide sales and relationship activity.
- Generating and nurturing new business leads through the implementation of our new marketing automation tool, Pardot.
- Reducing duplicate data entry through improved integration with our current systems.
- Accessing the platform through mobile devices to allow all system users to enter contacts, activities, and opportunities on the go.
Culturally, our focus on and approach to business development is such a huge part of how we operate as a firm. With a tool like Salesforce.com, we have increased our ability to collaborate across our firm, identify and leverage resources that match our clients’ needs, and drive more relevant communications to our clients with better insight along the way.
The best part of the project was that we were able to leverage the talent of multiple areas within our organization, blending the lines between shared services and our consultants. Not to mention, celebrating the victory together – we went live on time, on budget, and with our own team! #uncommonblend #oneteamonedream