West Monroe is proud to present a new podcast, “This Is CX”, a discussion about all-things “customer experience” hosted by me and Paul Hagen. Our podcast reviews the best practices of building a disciplined customer experience program in a way that creates real business value. Each episode typically includes a discussion on a key CX topic, while also highlighting tools that CX practitioners can use, and how CX helps address key challenges our clients are facing. Issues that we hear most frequently from clients center around the need to respond to market changes in a quick/agile way, what they should do with the vast amount of customer data that is being created on a daily basis, and how changing customer expectations influence the internal employee experience. We’ll tackle these challenges and continue to highlight the best of the best (and occasionally the worst) of customer experience. We will also feature our industry, business, and technology partners on the podcast to discuss how CX is impacting areas of business and technology they are dealing with on a day-to-day basis.
We have recorded a number of episodes already, covering key topics like:
- What a customer experience strategy is and defining a “North Star” to set the future vision
- What customer experience competencies are required for a successful CX program
- The different customer research methods that are used to understand your customers
- How we leverage customer journey mapping and how to tie back to business value
- How we measure the value of customer experience
- How you drive business agility and innovation through CX
- How you govern CX through sponsorship and accountability
- How you embed CX within an organizations culture
- And much, much more (take a look!)
If you are interested in subscribing to the podcast, you can find it by searching “This Is CX” on either the iTunes or Google Play stores now. As new episodes are released, check back on the West Monroe blog for more details on what is being discussed.
We hope you enjoy!
You can listen to Episode 1 below. Let us know what you think and what you’d like to hear discussed. We would love to hear from you!
Episode 1: An Introduction to Design Thinking and CX
Design thinking is a powerful approach for solving complex problems in a rapid way. It creates focus by putting the human (or in this case, the customer) at the center of a design process. It emphasizes a “build to think” approach, by rapidly mocking up or prototyping solutions, testing with end customers/users, and iterating. The result is to fail faster…and to succeed farther and faster. We discuss West Monroe’s design thinking methodology that we use to design new customer and employee experiences and a couple powerful tools that help this process.