I installed Rollup 10 on a dev box at my client’s site. I started seeing generic SQL errors when I would run advanced find (or search) on Contacts and Accounts. A trace revealed the helpful “Invalid column name ‘ContactId’”.
Um.. no, that can’t be right… But it is.
Anyway, I found this thread and chimed in since no one else had replied with extra information. http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-IN/crm/thread/97e34d36-8a8c-49db-b77b-42e552fd50bb
In summary, search/advanced find was “optimized” with Rollup 10. Somehow this affected views for Lead, Account, Contact, Competitor.
Here is how I fixed it:
1. Edit any views that use any address1 fields
2. Remove all the address fields
3. Save the view
4. Edit the view again
5. Re-add the address fields back into the view
6. Save again
Hope this helps!